Tuesday 13 January 2015

Ambition and Aspiration | 2015 Reading Challenge and TBR


On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin - I have a slight obsession with butterflies on book covers, and butterflies in general, at the moment.
Coco Chanel: The Legend and the Life, Justine Picault - This is an entrancing read that I found in the library. I'm nearly finished.
Shakespeare, Ivor Brown - This year I am challenging myself to do a Shakespeare course in order to fill some gaps in my literary knowledge. Back to school!
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou - A well renowned autobiography and author. I've never read anything by Angelou and so decided to start in the middle of her series of autobiographies of her life.
From Russia With Love, Ian Fleming - Since getting the entire James Bond box set a year ago I still have 12 of 14 to read. Oops!
The Book Thief, Markus Zusak - I'm bringing some much needed YA into my reading list with this one. It's a classic and widely appreciated so hopefully it won't disappoint!
A Woman in Your Own Right, Anne Dickson - Also with the aim of continual development and learning for life, this is an almost-feminist take on assertiveness training in the 21st Century.

The above represents some of what I hope to achieve in reading this year. I have dropped my reading challenge from 80 as, conversely, the more free time I have the less I seem to read. Now that that minor haul is out of the way, here are my loose reading goals for 2015:

1) At least 52 books/1 per week, to include:

2) At least one back-to-university book (feminist, anthropology, etc.)

3) At least one autobiography (e.g. Coco Chanel).

4) At least one historical non-fiction book (e.g. A History of the World in 100 Objects by Neil MacGregor).

5) At least one back-to-school book/play (e.g. Shakespeare's Hamlet).

6) And, finally...at least one science non-fiction book (e.g. Sherlock Holmes).

What are your reading goals for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment