Monday 2 September 2013

August Favourites 2013: My Review of The Month


As the nights are getting longer and we enter September and the season of leaves, academic terms and Halloween, I can't help feeling excited! Strange as it is, Autumn and Winter celebrations are my favourite time of year. So, on the first Monday of September it is time for me to review the month and reveal my favourite books, cosmetics, music and food from the month of August. What have you been loving?

Beauty: I am still loving the Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash, which has cleared my skin up miraculously. Read my review here! 
http://cupcakesandcosmeticsbyclare.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/how-to-clear-hormonal-dry-skin-simple.html


Music: This month has been kind of difficult and transitional for me, so power ballads are in! Specifically I have been obsessed with Kelly Clarkson's Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) from 2011. Who doesn't like this anthem just a little bit? And let's not mention the Jane Austen ring debacle!


Books: This month despite have plenty of time to I haven't actually read that much. I am currently reading J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy, which I have already made a first impressions review of here on my blog for Title Tuesday:
http://cupcakesandcosmeticsbyclare.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/title-tuesday-casual-vacancy-first.html


Food: Out and about travelling and enjoying time with family and friends, as well as some of the best weather this year, I couldn't help having an ice cream or two. Magnums are my favourite. I usually like white chocolate Magnums but this year my new favourite is the Magnum Infinity Chocolate and Caramel. It is dark chocolate, and thus not for everyone, but I recommend trying one!

Finally, however your August has been, thanks for reading and have a great September.

Carpe Diem xx

No comments:

Post a Comment