Monday 12 August 2013

Makeup Monday: Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara Review


Today I'm very excited to bring you a mascara review! I love mascara and believe that it is one of the most essential makeup items for a minimalist look. Recently I've even been wearing it solely with concealer and lipgloss. Eyes are the 'window to the soul' and mascara has the power to completely transform your look. Here's my opinion on Maybelline New York's Rocket Volum' Express mascara in Waterproof.

Volumising: Pretty good at adding volume to lashes but I think it's much more of a lengthening mascara than the name would suggest. Not quite as miraculous as its high-end counterparts.

Lengthening: I would say that this mascara is a real lengthening mascara rather than volumising and really helps if you have short lashes. However I personally prefer much thicker, volumising mascaras as  I have long but fair and sparse lashes.

Waterproof: No complaints here! Seems pretty resistant to water and isn't easy to remove.

The Brush:
One of the thickest brushes I've ever used and therefore one of my favourites! Mascara brushes can have the biggest difference on how the product looks on your lashes and it's down to personal taste, but this one works for me. Easy to handle!

Before: ('scuse the tired eyes!)

After:

Final Thoughts: Overall, great for a natural day makeup look. However, if you're looking for a full-on full-face makeup look for a special event or night out then something more volumising like Maybelline The Falsies would work better.

Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara is available from Boots for £6.99

Carpe Diem xx

No comments:

Post a Comment