Monday 15 July 2013

My Oral Hygiene Routine for Fixed Braces and an Update


I've largely been lucky with my fixed braces since I got them on a year ago, but recently I've had a few issues to deal with, which has led me to spread the word on the best oral hygiene products and my daily routine for keeping teeth sparkling!

Morning: Brush teeth and Mouthwash rinse
Corsodyl Daily toothbrush
Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle Whitening Fresh Mint
Colgate Plax Multi-Protection Antibacterial Mouthwash

Midday: Rinse with mouthwash
Colgate Plax Multi-Protection Antibacterial Mouthwash

Evening: Brush teeth
Corsodyl Daily toothbrush
Sensodyne toothpaste

Anytime: (I have small teeth and a small jaw so interdental brushes are a must, but get the disposable sticks because the normal brushes are expensive!)
Boots Expert Dental Disposable Interdental Sticks (contains 100 sticks per pack)
Orthosil Orthondontic Wax


Update: I can happily say my treatment has gone well so far. However, I did have a cover orthodontist adjust my brace last week. She left a small amount of wire on an upper and a lower bracket sticking out. While this is not a big thing, it has led me to have cuts in my gums and to develop ulcers, so I'm off to a walk-in clinic to get it sorted out! 

I hope some of this helps you out if you have braces too, good luck!

Carpe Diem xx


No comments:

Post a Comment