Monday 24 June 2013

Summer Beauty Favourites 2013

Firstly, apologies for not posting a beauty or makeup favourites blog in a long time, but I'm finding that a 3-month seasonal favourites works best at the moment. As I mentioned before, in my Where have I been? post, I have been scaling down my makeup collection and focusing on skincare. I'm finding that the summer, and occassional British sunshine, is drying out my skin almost as much as the central heating in winter, and this is reflected in my Summer Favourites 2013.

Jergens Ultra Healing Body Moisturiser:
I love using this sample size body moisturiser on my hands, especially at night. It's the perfect size to slot into handbags when you're travelling. Very nourishing and effective.

Olay Essentials Complete Care Plus Everyday Sunshine Plus (Light):
I've been an avid lover of this tinted moisturiser for about 3 years now, but it's an on-off love/hate relationship. Sometimes I finding it too oily for my dry skin and hate it's patchiness after 2 days, and then I use it and love it again because it gives a great glow and buildable tan after 3 days application.

Burt's Bees Richly Replenishing Body Lotion for Dry Skin (Cocoa and Cupuacu Butters):
Burt's Bees is a great natural skincare and beauty range, and I've always used their lip balms but never tried their body moisturisers. This cocoa and cupuacu (I don't know either?!) butters lotion is rich and moisturising, however it is definately an 'evening before putting on your PJs' lotion.
I will definately repurchase when I can.

Oral-B 3D White Enamel Protect Toothpaste (Lovely Mint):
I've had a fixed dental brace for over a year now and build up calculus easily (TMI!), and therefore good oral hygiene is essential (I'm planning a dental hygiene post for the next week). This is a great protective, whitening toothpaste and has a refreshing flavour.

Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish (Sky High) and Collection 2000 Lasting Colour (Ice Cube):
After I finished my exams I got into wearing nail polish again. Now I can't choose between them, so my joint favourites are Rimmel's Sky High (a sharp sky blue/turquoise colour) and Collection 2000's (now Collection) clear Ice Cube. Ice Cube is a great topcoat.

Carpe Diem xx

No comments:

Post a Comment