Friday 7 June 2013

Foodie Friday: The Goods Shed Canterbury Restaurant Review


I went for lunch at The Goods Shed in Canterbury to celebrate my birthday with my parents. The Goods Shed is a tucked-away farmers market in a large warehouse building. On a mezzanine level is The Goods Shed restaurant, which serves fresh homemade dishes made from local produce, some from the Kent area.

For Main: I wasn't feeling hungry, so I just had a vegetarian...joking! So, even though I was very hungry, nothing could have prepared me for what would arrive when I ordered the vegetarian platter! The Christmas-turkey sized plate was packed with delicious rocket, stuffed mushroom on toast, apple and leek soup, couscous, roast carrots and boiled egg. Generally very good quality and fresh ingredients, but the quantity was too much for little me to be able to finish!


For Dessert: Of course I had to leave room to treat myself...with chocolate brownie and salted caramel ice cream and clotted cream! Slightly dry but delicious with the ice cream, which tasted home made.


When my mum first asked for a place to take me out for lunch I was a little dazed as Canterbury has one of the high streets most densely populated with cafes and restaurants than I've ever come across. However, slightly off the beaten track and off the main high streets, set in a charming farmers market setting and spacious surroundings, The Goods Shed was definately the best choice I could have made!

The Goods Shed: Station Road West, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 8AN, 01227 459153. 
Open lunch, Tues-Sun, noon-2.30pm (3pm Sat & Sun), dinner, Tues-Sat, dinner 6-9.30pm. Three-courses for about £30 a head, plus drinks and service.

Carpe Diem xx

No comments:

Post a Comment