Tuesday 21 May 2013

Back To Bloggin': Title Tuesday - Compacts and Cosmetics


I told you I'd be back, so I'm kicking off the upgrading of my blog with 'Title Tuesday', where I will share my favourite pick from my bookshelf that week. As a beauty blogger and amateur historian I have always had a fascination with fashion, cosmetics and body adornment of other eras and cultures.

I first became aware of 'Compacts and Cosmetics: Beauty from Victorian Times to the Present Day' after watching world-famous celebrity makeup artist Lisa Eldridge's interview with it's author (the interview was recorded in two parts and is available on YouTube), beauty historian and collector Madeleine Marsh. Needless I eyed up the book and it was on my Amazon wishlist for quite a while before I finally took the plunge!

It arrived in speedy Amazon fashion the other day and it definately doesn't disappoint! Charting the progress of not only the cosmetics industry but also the history of women's lives in the 19th and 20th centuries, the book outlines key movements in social history and cosmetics manufacturing. Linking the influence of makeup with women's liberation and vice versa this is a must buy for any beauty addict. 

Like me I'm sure you'll end up flicking through its chapters and gazing adoringly at it's pictures for years to come if you buy this book!

Carpe diem xx

No comments:

Post a Comment